Central Library at a Glance
About the Central Library:- The College has a separate library Building. Area of library building is 1790 sq mt. Central Library has developed an excellent collection of books, journals and non-book material. 45496 books and 7648 titles are available. 291 National journals and 25 International Journals available. Central library subscribe the e-resources also IEEE, Science Direct, DELNET, NDL, Swayam and Shodhganga. Central library collection of NPTEL videos-4251, CD/DVD-1597, Bound volume of journals-526 and project reports and seminar report.
Central Library is automated with RFID system-Infotek Library Management Software. In this technology tool are Smart Card, Smart Label, Electronics Reader, & Personalizer form which the books are issued automatically to the students. OPAC ( online public access catalogue ) is also available for students and staff from which they can search the books and other material in the library.
Process of Automated books Issue (RFID System)
The procedure for Issuing the books is as above:- Reader come to the library for the Issuing the books, a Separate OPAC is (Online line public access Catalogue ) kept for searching the Books. Reader Note down the location of books and go to the Book Shelf, Select the book from the shelf and give to counter section. The Reader gives his RFID Card to the counter Asst., Counter Asst. take his RFID Card and put on Personalizer, Book is kept on the reader and within a few second Books is issue to the student account.
Central library provide the various type of services, Reference service-separate reference section for students and staff. Reference section includes Encyclopedia, dictionaries and handbooks. Central library provide Reprography facility, internet facility, Book bank facility for First year students and for reserve category students.
Collection of Books
|Sr. No.||Branch||Total No. of Books||Total No. of Titles||Total Cost|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering||11748||1318||3351658.00|
|5||Computer Sc. & Engineering||7532||1001||2563194.00|
|6||Engineering Science & Others||6186||1490||1429706.00|
National and International Journals
|Sr. No.||Branch||National Journal||International Journal|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering||32||01|
|5||Computer Sc. & Engineering||78||02|
|6||Engineering Science & Others||54||03|
Rare Books Details
|Sr. No.||Rare Books||Books Available|
|Sr.No.||E-Journals (Publisher)||Access Url.||E-resources|
|1||IEEE||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp||E-journals and e-book|
|3||DELNET||http://www.delnet.nic.in||E-journals and e-book|
|4||National Digital Library||https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in||videos|
|5||SWAYAM||https://swayam.gov.in/hindi-seva-mandalsshri-sant-gadge-baba-colleg/i/1723||Videos and e-materials|
- Book Bank Facility:- Book bank facility for all first year students and book bank facility for reserve category students.
- Circulation:- Borrowed and Renewal of book Books:- Students and staff borrow/ issue the books as per library rules.
- Reference Services :- Reference Service is an important service offered by the library. It helps users to make full use of the resources available in the library. It provides guidance in the use of library resources and services, assists in accessing e-journals, e-books, databases, multimedia sources etc It also maintains a collection of reference books consisting of encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, , CD-ROMs, Audio and Video cassettes, etc.
- Reprography Facility:- Library provides reprography facility to students.
- Reading Room facility:- Separate Reading room facility is available for students.
- Digital Library/Online section:- Separate online section for students and staff for accessing the E-resources and NPTEL videos.
- Computerised Library with RFID system using I-tek Library Management Software.
- Spacious floor area (1790 sq.mt. Built-up area )
- Total No. of Books : 45496
- Titles: 7648
- National Journals : 291
- Foreign (International) Journals : 25
- Print Journal : 41
- Total Journals & magazines : 316
- E-Journals and E-Books Facility (Digital Library) - IEEE, Science Direct, DELNET,NDL, SWAYAM, SHODH GANGA
- NPTEL Videos : 4251
- Open Access System
- Books Bank Facility for all first year students and SC & ST students as per the scheme of center government & state government.
- Reprographics Facility
- Online access of Information through Internet.
- Separate Post Graduate Section (M.E.)
- Reference Section
- Encyclopedia and Handbooks.
- Periodical Section
- Separate Reading Room for Staff and Students
|Library Staff Members|
|Sr.No.||Name of Library Staff||Designation||Qualification||Date of App.|
|1||Bhat Prashant S||Librarian||M.Lib.& ISc.||16.08.2001|
|2||Saira Bano||Library Clerk||B.A., B.Lib.||11.02.2001|
|3||Arati Uppadhya||Library Clerk||M.A.||1.01.2009|